Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tea Party Review

First, let me apologize for giving the wrong times on the tea party for the Abilene area yesterday. I pulled the information from the Abilene Distorter News, and thus me and my family showed up TWO full hours before the local Tea Party started. Still, we had plenty of time to meet other people before 6 o'clock came! Yes, the evening set of the Tea Party started at SIX not FOUR, and after talking to a few of the people that were spear-headed the effort in my area, the local paper didn't even want to publish anything about the tea party to begin with, so I guess no one was suprised that they put the wrong times down!

We had a pretty good sized group from my small town and the surrounding rural areas. I don't have any official numbers yet, but we tookd up all four corners of the intersection of Pine and North 3rd, and my rough guestimate is at least 150-200 before 7:30 PM, and it was scheduled to run until at least 8!




I think this sign was my most favorite. It's so big it needs its own trailer! It was hauled by a nice large Blazier-looking vehicle, as well!




This was another good one. Looks like Uncle Sam got so upset that he had to shave his beard off! Here are a few more pictures from the event, just to give you an idea of the size crowd. Just remember, these are just tiny sections of the overall group:









There were also a few handouts being passed about. I've scanned them and posted them here so you can snag copies if you want:





Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
If you want copies of any of the above hand outs, just click on them and they should appear on a seperate web page. From there, just right click, and choose either save or print image!

The only channel that did any coverage other than Fox News was CNN... and it was a sad, sad, thing, because I really thing the woman was rude and just didn't get it:



Ya know what? I don't THINK she doesn't get it. I KNOW she doesn't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment